Tuesday, January 3, 2012

365 ... Revisited.

So, last year I fancied that I would get involved with a photographic 365 project on Flickr. For those who don't know about these projects ... it is very simple (or so they say!) ... You basically take a picture a day for every day of the year (thus 365) ... and post them somewhere for all to see (Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, etc).

After a few days, I failed. Or flaked. Both really.

But it is a new year! And I have a lovely friend who asked that we give it another go. She gathered up several photog friends from the area and created both a Flickr and a Facebook group for us to post our pics to. AND she also made it a bit easier ... as she has created a 52/365 project. This means that if you are worried about getting that camera out every single day of the year ... you can commit to just one pic a week for the 52 weeks of the year! Hooray for slackers everywhere ;)

Personally, I am going to aim for 365 ... and likely fall into the 52 category the second week of February. But I plan to aim high first. And because this week is not over ---- you can still join us!!!! (click on the above links OR post a comment here for an invite).



This is a great opportunity to try out some new photo skills (I suck at Photoshop and am using this project to stretch myself in that area) ... and/or photograph things that you never thought to try before. And all with the help of some friends (ahem ... friends ... are you reading this?) ... who will hopefully keep you focused on your goal (cough, cough ... ahem) ... which is to finish the year out with 365 pics ... or maybe 52.

So, get shooting! And join us if you will.

HAVE FUN!

Love,
Jodi

2 comments:

Kait said...

I started a new photography blog in hopes of breaking out my camera every single day this year. Since we're all of three days in to it, so far so good.

Theresa Cucinotti said...

YOU CALLING ME A SLACKER? lol