Friday, January 23, 2009

Silhouettes : Disney Part 5.

Silhouette crafting is everywhere. Apparently it is quite "in vogue" right now, and I must admit that I have caught the bug too. I bought this one for Dad for Christmas. And I am coveting all these ... as well as these. It is certainly a classic art form, but has gained a recent upsurge in popularity.

There are plenty of books written on the subject too. And I am likely going to purchase a few within the next year. I hope to inspire some of my own creativity by adding some silhouettes to my sewing / quilting. (You may remember when my girlfriend created this gorgeous silhouette of her daughter --- on a sweatshirt!).

Apparently, it is a tradition of sorts to have your silhouettes crafted on paper at the Magic Kingdom. Halis has several from his youth ... and I have seen many DisneyWorld framed silhouettes grace the walls of various homes throughout the years. So, during our recent Disney vacation, I was excited to have our family silhouette created by a Magic Kingdom cast member.

Here is Halis's pose for the artist ...


And here is the outcome ...


It took alot of candy to have Isaac sit still long enough.

I am really enjoying the beauty of this timeless portrait --- and am feeling as though I have just taken part in a classic American tradition that I somehow missed as a child. Looking at the new family portrait makes me smile ... and also makes me wonder if and when we will be adding more little babes to our family. I am hoping soon.

Enjoy the weekend!

Love,

Jodi

P.S. Meaghan also had hers done as well. It is very sweet & I hope she will treasure it always :)

4 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

That is so cute. I really need to get on the bandwagon!

Sarah and Tim said...

I love it! How long did it take? I would love to do this with my family the next time we are blessed to go there.

Paula said...

Very cool! That's a great piece of art to have on your walls forever and pass down. I have one of my oldest daughter that we had done at a craft show when she was small. It's precious.

Mitzi said...

Love this! I'm jealous, I want one too!