Thursday, February 11, 2010

Online Benefit Auction for Haiti: Item #2.

ATTENTION: This auction has now closed ... as I was given a bid to close it early that I could not refuse :) Not only will it be going to an AWESOME woman ... but the buyer made a significant donation to the cause. I hope you all understand. THANK YOU!!!


This is not just a necklace ... it is art. And I am privileged to know the amazing man who creates these works. Jason Brown, and his lovely wife Donna are both proud Native people who maintain many of the traditions of their tribe ... including creating various forms of art that have been a part of their cultural heritage for centuries.

Their website is full of their gorgeous works ... but you will not find another piece like this one! This necklace was created just for our Haitian fundraising efforts. Jason tells me that pieces like this usually gross over $200 in area museum stores and specialty shops. And I can SO see why. It is made with sterling silver, Tennessee River shell and turquoise.

This piece is absolutely stunning. And it can be yours!

If you are interested in placing a bid on it, please do so via the comment section of this blog post. Bidding will end on Monday, February 15th at midnight ET ... and I think I shall start the bidding :)

Thank you Jason & Donna for such a generous donation to this cause!

Love,

Jodi

P.S. Kelly O. place the winning bid on Item #2. Thank you Kelly. I will be in touch to get this to you right away.

3 comments:

Jodi Renshaw said...

$25 ---

now let's get the bidding going higher and higher!!!

Summer said...

I will open bidding at $25.

Jodi Renshaw said...

Thank you Summer.

I just rec'd a bid from Becky Anderson at $30 (via Facebook).

~ Jodi