* If you live near a university, invite a foreign (or foreign exchange) student to share a holiday meal with your family. Many such students do not return home for the holidays and would welcome the comfort of a family gathering.
* Sponsor aDoctors Without Borders project. This organization has done such amazing work throughout the world ... and with a very impressive ratio of funds spent directly on those in need.
* Drop off some baked goodies to your local fire or police department as a way of saying "thanks" for all they do.
* While you are out shopping, if you notice a person mulling over a particular purchase, consider secretly purchasing it for them (this is one of my faves).
* While travelling the highway, upon reaching a toll booth, pay for yourself and the car behind you. I do this almost everytime .... and it gives me such a tickle ... not a bad thrill for $1!
* When out in the world ... at work, or play ... try to sincerely compliment another person who may look stressed or unhappy. You could totally turn their day around.
* Donate blood (or a kidney :)
*Do you know someone who is desperately trying to fund an adoption? You can help to create a family by assisting them in their efforts ... offer your time and talents or your pocketbook.
* Host a holiday party asking each friend to bring a gift to donate to your local Toys for Tots program.
* Call a local nursing home to ask whether there are some residents who will not be receiving any visitors for Christmas, and consider paying them a visit.
The ways in which we can GIVE are endless. I hope to display as many of them as I possibly can on this blog throughout the next couple of weeks ... maybe longer. (Maybe another blog is in order?) I would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and stories of your own "giving".
Love to you all ...