Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Came!

OK, so I failed miserably at maintaining a proper countdown to Christmas via this blog. BUT we did have a freaking awesome Christmas! I hope you did too :)

So, want to see our tree??? (which was supposed to be blogged about over a week ago - as part of the countdown) ...

Well, it was going to be a glorious looking tree from Halis's land in Lagrange ... picked out by Halis and Isaac ... a father/son day of searching out the perfect tree ... then cutting it down together ... while searching out some moose and deer ... then enjoying some hot cocoa later by a campfire ... etc...

Instead, Halis told me --- at the final hour I might add --- that the search for the glorious tree never happened. So, Mommy found a tree in our backyard. The only tree that would fit into our house ... which also happened to be the saddest looking tree we have ever put up. I could have cut it down with a kitchen knife.

See how the lovely star --- which is virtually weightless --- hangs from the tree like the infamous Charlie Brown evergreen? Yes. Hmmmm....

But we did our best to make it look pretty. And ... I actually love it. :)

And it was free. Not even the cost of gas. How is that for part of our frugal Christmas ;)

How was your tree? Show me a picture.

And Merry Christmas ... a bit belated ... but just as heartfelt.

xoxo

Jodi & family

2 comments:

Kait said...

That is a pretty cute little tree!

Debscleverideas said...

The message of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree is exactly the same as what you represent <3 I have always wanted a Charlie Brown tree, ever since I saw an artificial one in a department store. Adorable!

We're in the middle of a move so we had a metallic blue, 4 ft, pre-lit tree that we set up for a while & even plugged it in a few times : )

Down at my husband's family, they had so much holiday decor, it made up for the weeks leading up to it at our house : )