Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh the Joy of Sewing!

I am having so much fun trying out new sewing patterns ... made by me... but inspired by others. I recently uploaded some of my favorite photographs to Snapfish.com in order to create some fun note cards for gift-giving. But after ordering them, I realized that they needed patchwork stationary wraps ... you know ... to contain all the cards & envelopes while also making them look simply gorgeous!

So, this is a work in progress, but here is what I came up with for some of my own cards (of my dog, Jack):

The jean fabric is very sturdy, but I still added a fairly stiff lining. I plan to sew a divider between the envelopes and the cards, but I think that may be the only alteration. I really like how these came out! I look forward to making them for some loved-ones for Christmas ... but better get going on them!

By the way, for those who are interested, I have placed more goodies in my Etsy Shop.

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays thus far :) Today, we decorate the tree! I'll be sure to post photos soon and hope you will show me your trees as well.

Love,

Jodi

2 comments:

Missy said...

those are so cute :)

you're so creative!

love,
missy

Missy said...

those are so cute :)

you're so creative!

love,
missy