Friday, May 8, 2009

Serendipity Farm "Photo Shoot".

This past Saturday, I spent most of the day with my good friend, Tom ... photographing horses at a lovely farm in Bangor, Maine: Serendipity Farm.

Tom and I are both looking to work on our photography skills ... build our portfolios ... and just enjoy the company of a fellow photographer. So I made a phone call to a couple of horse farms to see if I could gain an invite for us to shoot some pics around their farms. When I called Val ... I knew her farm would be perfect. She was so inviting and appreciative. And I was right.

Val is an inspiration. She only began riding horses when she was 48 (I think) and within 10 years, if I have my story correct, she bought her dream horse farm and has been enjoying her life to the fullest. (Had she not said a word, I would have no idea that she was in her 50s! Living your dream makes you youthful, I think!) Her farm is so great ... has a lovely river in the background ... lots of customers ... several incredible horses and dogs.

I fell in love with one of the horses: Cashmere. And hope to return to visit her soon. Apparently, she would be difficult to ride, but Val has offered me a ride on another big guy when I am intersted. (When you put yourself out there - wonderful connections can be made :)

I have been SO slow in uploading pics from this great day, but some can be seen here. (I will continue to upload to this link as I am able). Some of Tom's pics can be seen here (he took the above photo - for which I am entirely grateful).

And speaking of collaborating with Tom - he is the best. Here is a man that has VERY limited eye vision --- but unlimited artistic vision. He is an inspiration to me and a great guy to be around. I highly recommend shooting with a friend, because you will both see things so differently, and can assist one another in differing strengths and weaknesses. I think I took better photos because of his insights and perspective. I hope I gave him some help as well.

Anyway - more photos will be forthcoming and some may even show up for sale in my shop. Meanwhile, I need to get Val a disc of the pics taken at her farm - as I always offer copies to those who are generous enough to invite me to expand my portfolio at their homes & farms. (Are you interested in a visit?)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am hoping to get out and take some more photo goodies tomorrow.

Love,
Jodi

1 comment:

Missy said...

beautiful horse :)

looking forward to seeing your pictures.