Friday, April 17, 2009

New Additions to the Homestead:

We now have 2 one-week old Nubian goats!

I apologize for these terrible snapshots, I didn't have my D300 ready for shooting, but wanted to get pics of their first feedings here at home.

Here is my Mom feeding "my" goat: Emily. She is so sweet and follows me all around.

Here is "Me" (seriously). Named by Isaac. He and his Grammy Bobo prefer this one. She is small and feisty:


We have always wanted milking goats. However, with all that has been going on lately, we were no where near ready for them. But, I had to go to Blue Seal to pick up some chicken feed and shavings .... and well, these two girls were just staring at me. It wasn't my fault. I had to buy them. You understand, don't you?

Now Halis is scrambling to build them a goat house this weekend - a project he hadn't planned on. Oops. I did trade him a Saturday though. Usually, I would get this Sat. to go out and yard sale, photograph, etc. But I let him have it to go shooting at a match in Augusta --- so that I could have these goats :) Not a bad trade. In a year, they will be birthing and giving milk. That will be amazing.

Till then, I have ALOT to learn, as I truly have no idea how to care for these little guys and am taking it one day at a time. Any suggestions???

Love,

Jodi

1 comment:

mommyknows said...

Too stinkin' cute.

How is your Daddy doing?