Saturday, March 17, 2007

Chicken/Egg Debate.


My husband, whom I have been with since I was 15-years old, never ceases to surprise me with his wit and charm. Last night, he came out with one of the best one-liners I have ever heard! Here is the conversation. It took place at a Chinese Restaurant among our friends Johnny and Meaghan (age 10) ....


Meg: So which came first, Jodi, the chicken or the egg?


Jodi: The chicken of course. The chicken would have to lay the egg.


Meg: No, I think it is the egg. God made the egg first.


Jodi: Well, the egg would need the hen to keep it warm. So, the chicken came first.


Meg: Well, if God made the hen first, then he would have to make a rooster at the same time so that it could fertilize the egg.


Halis: NO, Not if it was an immaculate egg-seption!

(Ahhh... he's a keeper :)

Love,
Jodi

3 comments:

Kristina said...

It's been a long day. I needed a good laugh! Thanks!

Heather said...

Oh man, that sounds like the kind of corny stuff my Dad comes up with! Too funny.

Michelle said...

That's a good one!! Thanks for the laugh! It sounds like something Jeremy would say. We were playing a game of Taboo once, the word he wanted to get across was eggplant, so what was his clue......
The place where baby chickens are made. LOL!! What would we do without our men to brighten our days. :)