Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Routine & Inspiration.

Hello all! Today was a typical Wednesday (thankfully).
Isaac and I attended his dance class at our friend Summer's house...

And then we visited our horse friends...



Later, we returned home for Isaac's afternoon nap and I worked on my new spring quilt project...
 

Ahhh... sometimes simple routine feels so good. I was thankful for it today.

I usually spend Isaac's nap time listening to the radio or a book on tape as I meander through the house completing various chores. But today, as I cut fabrics, I turned the television to the Oprah show. She was hosting "The Dinner of a Lifetime" for Sydney Poitier. It was an amazing show. I found tears streaming down my face through much of it. He is an absolutely incredible man ... so inspiring ... so unassuming, gracious, wise, humble, etc... And as I watched him speak, as I've done many times before, I realized that there is so much I could learn from him about how to raise my son to be a strong , loving and inspirational man. So, I did what I have been meaning to do for a long time, I finally bought his book on Amazon.com. Both Halis and I have been wanting to read it ... and I believe the Universe was reminding me (again) that it is time to take a closer look at the valuable lessons I can learn from this man ... so I am now anxiously awaiting the book's arrival.
And for some crafting inspiration, I also purchased Amy Butler's In Stitches via Amazon:
And for yet another *rare* indulgence, I purchased 2 yards of the following fabric by Heather Ross. I found it on SewZanne's Fabrics. I tell myself that I purchased it for use in creating a gift for my brother ... but I secretly want it all for my own ... shhh! (I am very open to suggestions on what I can do with this delicious fabric...for me or for my brother :)

Tomorrow's plan (so far):
laundry
baked chicken
some sewing
creation of grocer list
Ebay packaging
clean Isaac's room
go for a walk
blog

Love,
Jodi

No comments: