Monday, May 14, 2007

"Opening" Day of Yard Sale Season.

I think my favorite part of the spring/summer season is scouring yard sales for all sorts of goodies. This past Saturday was my "opening day" for the yard sale season. And it was a great one! Not only did I find all sorts of yummy things for our home, the kids, Ebay, etc. but I also was able to venture out alone (without the kiddos). And that is pretty remarkable as you can probably count the number of hours I have spent apart from Isaac using your fingers and toes.

So, here are the greatest finds of the day...

I found this sweet VIBERT MAINE pottery platter for just $2! That was an insane bargain. I just loved the piece and fully intended to find a place for it in my home ... but when I looked it up online, I discovered that it is worth at least $120 on Ebay ... so I guess it won't be staying here after all!

I also found this gorgeous Loon Wall Planter piece of pottery. It is wonderfully made. The previous owner said that she received it as a gift from a friend in Idaho (I think). It is stamped, but I can't make out who the potter is. Anyway, I think I may keep this. It was another incredible bargain at only $3!

And then, my Dad spotted this picture for me at a yard sale that we saw each other at (my parents are yard salers too). I am very passionate about trees ... so he thought I might like this framed photograph - and I do. It was $4. When I brought it home, I noticed that it was hand signed by the photographer. When I looked him up, I found that this piece originally sold for about $400! Wow ... another incredible bargain. I think this piece will go in my new sewing room (as soon as I can get working on it).

And finally, my incredibly sexy and industrious husband has completed the renovation of our side porch ... and I LOVE it! All it needs is a paint job and some shrubbery and it will be perfect. My husband is amazing and I have come to the fabulous realization that I am incredibly spoiled. And AMEN for that!

(Halis, you are wonderful and I am thankful for you every moment of every day ... even on the "rough" days. You amaze me. Thanks for the porch and for the gorgeous Mother's Day gifts.)

Love,

Jodi

No comments: