Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Nutcracker: Our Christmas Tradition.




Every year that I attend the Nutcracker, I come home with a fancy that I too can fly across a stage in a single delicate and utterly gorgeous leap ... landing into the arms of a powerful and handsome young man ... while a crowd of appreciative onlookers are awed and inspired by my gracious and seemingly impossible ballet moves. Ahhhh... what a lovely thought. Silly perhaps, but lovely all the same.

Tonight's performance was a collaboration between the Robinson Ballet Company and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra. It was gorgeous and magical ... as always. It was also Isaac's first Nutcracker performance. I was hoping to imspire him to take those ballet lessons I have been begging Daddy to approve of ... but it seems that Isaac was most interested in where the dancing sheep and wolf went off to. Oh, and the sweets during intermission. Then, just 20 minutes shy of the ending, Isaac declared that he wanted to leave because "Mama, I don't want to watch this anymore." ... which then became "Mama, I don't want to see that again." as we were walking out of the auditorium. Perhaps my dreams of watching my son entrechat and pas jetés across a stage have been dashed. Or maybe I can bribe him with sweets.

All in all it was a great beginning to what I hope will be a wonderful Christmas week.

Enjoy your holiday traditions.
Love,
Jodi

No comments: