Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Enjoying Maine : Day 2 : Cascade Park Trails

I thought I knew Bangor well enough. I was wrong. There are so many spaces here that I have not yet explored. Isaac and I have been to Cascade Park before, but we never knew that there were walking/running/biking trails that surround the park. We thought the waterfalls were the main attraction. It turns out there is so much more to the park then we first noticed.

See, when we bring Daddy with us - to the places that we have previously enjoyed - he will find new and exciting ways to better enjoy the place because Daddy is an explorer. I think it comes with his testosterone.

My favorite part of the trails were the spaces that felt very remote ... the wooded spaces ...

the spaces were one might imagine fairies resting under mushrooms come nightfall.

But mostly I love enjoying the three of us together - exploring new territory - right in our own "backyard". Vacations don't necessarily require plane flights or camping gear. Sometimes they can be thoroughly enjoyed right from home.

Hoping you enjoy your home ...

Love,

Jodi

No comments: