Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Songs for Isaac.

Before Isaac finally came home to us, I would sing love songs to him ... in my home and in the car ... as loud as I could ... hoping that the feeling I put into those songs could be felt by him hundreds of miles away. Once upon a time, I would belt these songs out ... through tears and heartache ... waiting for my baby. Now, I sing these songs to him while he is in my arms ... and it feels so damn good. It serves as a reminder that the wait is over. That my baby is home. That all is as it should be ... and that life is good.

Here are a few of those songs ... Enjoy:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Falling In Love With You
Moment Made for Worshipping
No Woman No Cry
Mother and Child Reunion
To Zion
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Joyful Joyful
The Christmas Song (because the Biblical Christmas story, if taken for truth or myth, is the greatest adoption story ever told)

Isaac, take my hand, take my whole life too ... for I can't help falling in love with you.

Love,
Jodi / Mommy

1 comment:

Perla said...

i had chills through this whole post. great songs for your baby!