My friend Mitzi at Artful Spirit tagged me with a new meme. I have only known Mitzi for a few months, but feel like we might have grown up together. She is a lovely woman, super cool Mommy and devoted wife. She just started selling some gorgeous wares in her new Etsy shop and I know that I will have to pick up one of her felted items. This is a favorite. Anyway ... on to the meme...
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my seven random facts...
1. I love to eat Spaghettios straight out of the can. No cooking needed. It is my comfort food.
2. I despise "play groups" and "play dates". Really. I just don't get it. I hang out with my son everywhere we go ... and we meet lovely people and have great experiences. I just don't get making a "date" for a bunch of kids to play together while their mommas try desperately to try to find eachother interesting. I have been told this is a bad attitude that I have. Oh well.
3. When I have high anxiety in any given situation (i.e. airplane rides, public speaking, etc) I repeat the following mantra in my head over and over ... "Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitxen" ... over and over until I calm down.
4. I LOVE airports. I could sit in one all day and just watch people come and go from their recent adventures. I love watching folks hug their returning loved ones ... or say tearful goodbyes. I love all the raw human emotion. It gives me hope for all of humanity. When soldiers come home, when babies come home from their adoptions, when a teen goes off to college, when a married couple returns from an amazing honeymoon, when an uncle drops in to visit his newborn neice ... its all good stuff. It's all real.
5. I would love to live in a world where everyone was naked. Total freedom. No judgements ... since beauty would not depend on body parts or clothing. Personally, I don't get why men can walk around without shirts, and women can't. Maybe we could just start there. A shirtless revolution for all woman kind. Then boobies wouldn't be so sexualized. Who's first?
6. Growing up, I always wanted my name to be Melissa. Now it is the name of my very best friend. Maybe I knew something growing up?
7. I want to own my own photography studio someday. Among other business ventures :)
Did you learn anything new about me?
Well, according to the rules, I need to pick 7 more unsuspecting victims to be tagged with this meme. Hopefully, they don't have a huge objection to such things ...
1. Betty Ninja
6. Perla's Parlor (when she returns from her trip)
7. You. If you have a blog, go for it :)