Thursday, July 19, 2007

Packed For Fun & Relaxation.

We are ready for vacation! Yes, "WE", as in Me, Isaac & Meg. She decided to come after all and I am so looking forward to spending quality time with her. We are off to Ferry Beach, and as always ... though I feel as though I only packed the essentials, our luggage looks entirely too much for one week. But in our defense we have to bring our own linens and fan ... along with diapers and toys, etc.

And of course, we had to pack all our reading materials. There will be plenty of quality time spent on the beach. So, here is about half of the reading materials we put together:

I love that I am bringing the Shark book! What better book is there to browse through before taking a dip in the sea? Truth be told, I am *wild* for sharks. Ever since I was a little girl I have collected books on sharks. They fascinate me to no end.

Meaghan will be reading: The View From Saturday, Walk Two Moons, and Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist.

I will be reading: Fortune's Rocks (I am 1/4 way through it already), The Secret Life of Bees, and The Color of Water. I will also be reading the NEW Harry Potter which should arrive in my mailbox the day that I leave for the beach! I am so anxious for it. Halis thinks it will be read in a day.

And Isaac will be 'reading': Good Night Maine, I Love You Sun - I Love You Moon, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? , In the Sea, and Summer.

But also as important to me as the books I am reading, is the bookmark that goes with them. Did you know that I collect bookmarks? Well, here is my favorite one - made by me:

I will stay in touch while we are away ... even if only to keep Daddy posted on what we are up to and how much we miss him :)

Love,

Jodi

2 comments:

Missy said...

have a great trip! sounds like a lot of fun :)
missy~

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

My favorite dog and also the smartest dog I have ever had was an Aussie. I named him Cobber, it is an Australian name that means Friend. He was a good friend too. He died at 14 3/4 years old.

Aves